Hello my lovely Truuties,
This is my sixth year of making New Year’s Resolutions. Although I’m not an expert, I think (considering that I’m still a young teenager) it’s safe to say that that’s now long enough to share with you all what I’ve learnt from making resolutions and what my thoughts are on them! 🙂
I hope you will find this helpful. If you have any tips that I haven’t mentioned in this post, please comment!
So these are my tips for making New Year’s Resolutions!
- Reflect on the year just gone. Most people (including me) find that the easiest way to figure out what they’d like to improve on or start doing more is to think about what they did previously and what they were like before. Personally, by doing this, I can pick out where in my life I can see needs to change or improve!
- Have your goals in mind. Whether you have a very clear idea of what you’d like to do in the future or not, think about what kind of things you would like to do with your life. Having my goals in mind definitely helps me to improve in the way that would allow me to reach them.
- Prioritise. This links with the tip I mentioned above – what change or improvement is most important to help you to reach your goals? This helps me to determine what I need to work on the most in the next year and focus on that resolution.
- Try to be quite realistic. One of my resolutions for last year was to read 24 books. Although that’s great, I didn’t think about how school and my whole life was getting busier and that it would get more difficult to read lots. If I’m totally honest with you, I hardly achieved that resolution at all…What do you think you’ll be able to achieve in one year?
- Try not to put pressure on yourself to achieve all your resolutions. Unless you are someone who makes just one resolution, try not to think, ‘I need to succeed in all of them!!’. I find that it’s nicest to try your best without putting pressure on yourself. This way, it can have a positive effect! 🙂
Please come back soon because I’ll hopefully have a post up on 1st January to share with you, my own New Year’s Resolutions!
Lots of love,
I would love to hear from you in the comments!
Do you make New Year’s resolutions? Do you have any tips that I haven’t mentioned in this post? If you do, please comment! Have you posted anything about New Year’s on your blog (if you have a blog)? If you have, please link it in a comment!