Hello my lovely Truuties,
You know what’s on its way?! CHRISTMASSSSS!!!!
If you love Christmas and you want to enjoy it as much as you can, I think it is really important to plan this busy time of the year because with so much going on, things can start to get stressful and very chaotic. By planning, we can also make better use of our time and make the most of Christmas!
For me, personally, I feel that it is time for me to help my parents a lot more than before with planning this season and plan more things for my own benefit as well (I’ve grown up a lot through the past year) – to do this, I need to be organised! I have definitely learnt so much about being more organised recently, as my life has been getting busier. I think it’s great to share what we learn so these are my tips for planning the Christmas season!
- Categorize – I find that the easiest way to plan is to put things in different sections. So to give you an idea of what I mean, these are the categories I have used: cards, gifts, outfits, photography, baking, blog posts, decoration, music playlist, shopping, advent, films, books, seeing friends and family, what I’ll do in the holidays and what I’ll do on Christmas day.
- Write it down – This might seem quite obvious for most of you but this tip is so important so I had to include it anyway. If I don’t write my plans down (whether it’s in a notebook, a phone (or some kind of electronic device) or just a plain piece of paper) I will most likely forget nearly everything and my brain won’t feel organised (Does that make sense or is it just me haha?)! When you have written down your plans, you will be able to look back at it which is really helpful!
- Plan when to plan or to do something – To organise my time, I like to plan when I will plan or do things. What I mean by this is, for example, the first thing I did to plan my Christmas cards was to write down when I will design them, on what date I will print them, on what dates I will write them and when I will give or send them to people. Until this year, I’d never been so precise with planning my Christmas cards and that resulted in panic, stress and cards given to people after Christmas! I really recommend this tip especially for those of you who often get things done last minute!
- Prioritise – For me, deciding what to do for advent was one of the first things I had to plan because it starts quite a lot of days before Christmas day. Planning advent was a priority compared to planning Christmas day. By prioritising, we can make sure that we have enough time to plan everything!
- Enjoy it – I love making planning fun by putting Christmas music on, using red and green Christmassy pens and sometimes having a nice drink (such as hot chocolate hehe) in my Christmas mug! This also gets me into a very festive mood so do whatever you find makes you feel festive and helps you love planning!
And that’s it! I hope this has helped you in some way! I have more Christmassy posts coming soon so keep your eyes open for that! 🙂
Have fun planning!
Lots of love,
I would love to hear from you in the comments!
Do you have any tips for planning Christmas? Please share them in the comments! Are you looking forward to Christmas, like I am? Have you posted any Christmassy things on your blog? If you have, please link it in a comment and I will check it out!