Hello my lovely Truuties,
Maple Matcha Latte
Serves: 1 Difficulty: Easy!
You will need:
- 250ml (one cup) unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp matcha powder
- 1 tsp maple syrup, plus extra to sweeten
- 1/4 tsp vanilla powder or 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
(I did not write this recipe – it is from the Eat Smart book by Niomi Smart.)
- Heat the almond milk in a saucepan over a medium heat until simmering.
- Add the matcha powder to a mug, pour over 60ml (1/4 cup) boiling water, whisk to dissolve and stir in the maple syrup and vanilla powder.
- Pour the hot milk into a latte glass and stir in the matcha mixture. If using frothed milk, pour the matcha mixture carefully into one side of the glass to keep the milk lovely and frothy, adding extra maple syrup to sweeten, if needed.
Tip…If you have a milk frothing machine, use this instead to get the milk lovely and frothy.
I love this drink and it was so delicious! If you are not so keen on bitterness, I suggest you use sweetened almond milk, more maple syrup or not as much matcha powder. I added extra maple syrup.
I really love Japanese green tea (there are different kinds, e.g. matcha, sencha, genmaicha) so I am thinking of writing a post about the health benefits of green tea – please let me know if you would like to read a post like that. 🙂
Lots of love,
I would love to hear from you in the comments!
Have you got the book, ‘Eat Smart’? Are you interested in getting the book? Do you watch Niomi Smart’s YouTube videos? Have you ever had a matcha latte? Are you going to use this recipe?Would you like me to write a post about the health benefits of green tea?