How are you all? This week, I’m going to share with you something a bit different to my usual posts – a very simple recipe for a healthy pasta salad! I hope you like it!
Healthy Pasta Salad
Serves: 3 Difficulty: Easy
You will need:
- Boil 300g of pasta in a saucepan with a pinch of salt. Add 1 – 3 cloves of garlic to the saucepan. The boiling time will vary depending on the type of pasta you use.
- While the pasta is boiling, cut up the cucumber, tomatoes, olives, and spring onion. Put them all in a bowl and gently mix it all up.
- To your bowl of salad, add some tuna and small pieces of parsley and basil. Mix it up with the rest of the salad.
- When your pasta is boiled and is the right texture, drain it and then leave it to cool. Take the garlic out and put it in a clean small bowl.
- While you are waiting for the pasta to cool, make a dressing for the salad. In the small bowl with the garlic, put in a mix of different oils and vinegar types such as, olive oil, rice bran oil, malt vinegar and white wine vinegar/sherry vinegar (Don’t worry, they aren’t alcoholic!). Adjust the amounts of each ingredient to how you would like it to taste.
- Then add a very small amount of mustard to your dressing as well as a little salt and pepper.
- After that, crush your clove/s of garlic with a fork and mix well with the rest of the dressing ingredients. Put your dressing to one side.
- Put all your pasta into the bowl with the salad and mix it all together. Be careful not to squash the pasta too much.
- Serve the pasta salad and add some garnish like a leaf of basil, an olive, tomatoes or a sprinkle of crushed walnuts.
- Take a few photos of your healthy meal and enjoy the food! Bon appetit!
One of my New Year’s resolutions for 2016 is to cook more meals and also to be really healthy. With this pasta salad I have, 1) Cooked a meal myself, 2) Eaten very healthily. So far, both of those resolutions have definitely been applied to my life so I am very happy! Please let me know how you are doing with your resolutions (if you set yourself a resolution/s this year) and if you think you aren’t doing well with your resolution/s, don’t worry, it isn’t too late! Just keep trying with determination and never give up. If you need any encouragement on achieving your resolution/s, contact me – I would love to help!
Lots of love,
I would love to hear from you in the comments!
Do you like this recipe? Would you like to see more cooking (and baking) posts from me? Do you have any questions about how to make the pasta salad? What are your resolutions and are any of them similar to mine?