Happy New Year!
Since I was in Year 3 I have given myself New Year’s Resolutions. I’ve always done really well at the resolutions within the first couple of months but after a while, the year goes on and I forget about the resolutions I made at the beginning of the year.
This year I want to really make a difference and my main goal is to be more organised. These are my New Year’s Resolutions:
– Keep my room very tidy and organised. I know, that’s the one that everyone does. But seriously, I want my room to be organised and I don’t want to worry about how my room looks when friends come round. Also, having a tidy room really clears your mind. (My room isn’t that untidy, I would like it to be tidier though.)
– Practise dance at home and not just in lessons. You may or may not know this but I have a massive passion for dance. I want to achieve big things with dance and I want to grow my skills and talents. However, to do that, I can’t just go to 3 dance lessons a week. I have to practise at home and work really hard (Especially when I have a ballet exam coming up!!).
– Do all my homework quickly and well. As I said, my goal this year is to be more organised. Doing homework plays a big role in ‘being organised’. If I get all my homework done quickly, I will get the leftover time to do other things (like blogging!). But I can’t just do it quickly, I need to continue to make good progress and impress the teachers hehe!
– Get the times right. I just cannot wake up at 8 am on week days! To be able to wake up, I’m someone who has to go to sleep at the right time too. So…Truuty…don’t go to bed at 11 pm! Maybe by 9 pm?
– Study more Japanese. If you have read my about page you will know that I am half Japanese. I’d like to become more fluent in the language and since my mum is a Japanese teacher, she can teach me! (By the way I can speak in Japanese already but I want to be better at it.)
– Read at least 24 proper books through the year. This may seem like not very many books to you or it may seem like a lot. I used to read so many books and even though I still do, I haven’t been reading as much. Reading books does take up a lot of time and because I want to organize my time I am aiming for just 24 books. (Obviously I can read more if I have time though!)
– Be more confident and get out of my comfort zone more. I want to challenge myself more and achieve more things that I have never done before. If I don’t become a more confident person, I won’t progress in life as much as I would like to.
– Keep being happy and positive. Over years I have become more and more of a positive person. I want to keep that up because being optimistic makes life better and really fun!
– Go outside more. I spend quite a lot of time outside already but not as much as I’d like to. Also, when the weather gets cold I don’t go outside and get fresh air as much as I would in warm/hot weather. It would be really nice to spend more time outside!
– Spend less time on electronics. I use my laptop quite a lot (and maybe my phone too hehe). Sometimes I waste time watching Youtube and things like that. I’m not going to stop using my laptop, I’m just going to organise when I use it.
– Be really healthy (in terms of food). I guess I would already call myself healthy. I just want to be even healthier and if I want to do that…I’ll have to cut down on one of my favourite drinks, hot chocolate! (I will still have hot chocolate, just not as much.)
– Cook more meals. I don’t cook very much so I think it will be nice to make the meals at home sometimes and help out!
– Actually remember my resolutions and put them into action. One of my resolutions is to do my resolutions (Does that make sense?). Haha, I didn’t think of having that as a resolution until this year!!
I hope I haven’t bored you with this kind of long post! Sorry if I have! I tried my best to make it as interesting possible!
I wish you all the best for 2016!
Lots of love,
I would love to hear from you in the comments!
Do you set yourself resolutions for the new year? I would love to hear some of your resolutions! Are any of your resolutions similar to mine? What are you looking forward to in 2016?